Old 25-07-2004, 05:51 PM
old_lou old_lou is offline
Registered User

Default PTO switch does not engage mower blade on JD LX173

[quote]Originally posted by Chip Stein
[b]"desiglass" wrote in message . ..[color=blue]
I'm sorry. Yes, it's an electric PTO. I did look behind the switch and
there does not appear to be any loose wires.

Hi
Is there a perhaps a cut-out switch under the seat mine has one, this is to stop you playing with the blades while they are still running, may be faulty and not letting the clutch engage. If all else fails put 12 volts across the clutch and see if it drops in. Not sure if its polarity sensative though so be carefull.