Old 25-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Mike Patterson

Default Trees and ponds

On 23 Jul 2004 03:32:39 GMT, (HA HA Budys Here)
wrote:

Mine is full sun, pressurised filter, crystal clear.

I rarely feed the fish and have lots of plants.

Mike Patterson

They must be starving!

Nah, they have a large menu and they're fat & lively.

They eat algae, parrot's feather, hornwort, roots of water hyacinth,
water lettuce, watercress, pineapple mint, and stray roots of the
lilies and pickerels.

For protein there's mosquito larvae, frog & toad eggs, unfortunate
clumsy insects, tadpoles, and baby fish.

I feed 'em a handful of fish food about once a week just on the off
chance that some vitamin or other is locally deficient and to help
keem 'em relatively tame.

That being said, it's also true that when I have to wade in to
move/divide plants, there is a young one I call "killer" because he
comes straight over to me and nibbles on my legs the whole time I'm in
the water. I try to wave him away, but he is fearless and determined
to eat me alive. :-)

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."