Old 25-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Alex

Default OXFORD BUILDERS BACK OUT of animal research laboratory at Oxford. HOORAY another one bites the d

"Jack Harrison" wrote in message
news:410421c1$0$113 Of course, the true position is that if a lion does NOT
kill other animals,
then it dies sooner than it needs to. If a human does NOT occasionally

kill
other animals, it dies earlier than is necessary.

Only problem with your argument is that the Lion only kills to feed itself.
Not as a means to develop some medicine or cosmetic lotion.

So isn't that exactly what humans are doing by experiments with animals?

We
need/want to look after our own survival and the occasion arises when our
prey is just that - prey in the sense that killing these other animals

helps
us stay alive longer.

As you seem to place all animals in a pecking order here is a thought.
We kill enough fully functional placid animals for food. If we need to
experiment with drugs, their are thousands of dysfunctional animals that
prey on fellow animals, sitting in prisons all over the country. Why dont we
prey on these for research on medicine.