Old 26-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Buckingham Palace Garden

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 25/7/04 17:00, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

Did anyone else Gardeners World on Friday?

They had a special with Month Don (my hero!) about the Palace gardens. I'd
never
realised they were so extensive !!
Good old Beeb - another excellent program

Sadlt, we missed it and have been told how good it was. If anyone happens
to have a tape of it that they'd lend us I'd be so grateful.

It was presented by Monty Don, why don't they find more like him?
Knowledgeable, comprehensible, and not auditioning for a personality
transplant via my right boot.

It was an interesting programme but I found the gardens themselves
rather chilling and soul-less. There was no sense of person or passion
which had brought them about; no spark.

Janet.