Old 26-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Jay Sinclair

Default [IBC] transporting succulents and cacti

Craig Cowing wrote:

Jim Lewis wrote:

None of the jade trees (Crassula sp.) are native to North America
as far as I know, so you're just as likely to pay the same for a
nursery specimen in AZ as here.

Not neccesarily. Robert Barron told me recently that he saw jade trees at a
Walmart in Arizona--5 gal. size with trunks 3-4" at least. $42. Out here a jade
tree like that would be in the hundreds of dollars if you could even find one,
which is quite rare.

I wouldn't be surprised. Sort of like Ficus in Florida - not native, but
they can grow 'em big in a hurry, at least compared to the frozen north.

BTW, Opuntia can be found in the wild in southern Michigan & Ontario, so
you can probably get away with leaving them out pretty late in the fall
in NY.

Jay

Zone 6, MI

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++