Old 26-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] transporting succulents and cacti

Anita and I are going to be spending part of our honeymoon in Arizona.

Before you buy any cacti or succulents to take home, visit the Arizona Sonora
Desert Museum.
A HREF="http://desertmuseum.org/"Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum - Where the
Desert Comes Alive/A
http://desertmuseum.org/
One of my goals is to find a fat ol' jade tree, maybe a couple of feet high
and with a big single trunk--3-4" or so.

Don't expect to find any jade trees in Arizona, except in people's gardens.
Crassula arborea is a native of Africa.
If you visit a good professional nursery, ask them to pack your purchases for
the trip.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."