Old 26-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Ka30P

Default muck from filter is it a health hazard

hviking wrote l Maybe I'm over reacting but I am wondering if the Muck I
rinse out of the
filter from my goldfish pond can be a health hazard?

Well, not really. It's smart to be safe. Over the years I've heard of one dog
who its owner thinks contacted giardia from a garden pond.
And once in a while we'll hear of someone who suffers a mild case of 'swimmer's
itch'. I've included websites below for you to read. On the whole though a well
tended garden pond is pretty safe I'd say.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasi...ht_giardia.htm
and
http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologi...mmers_itch.htm

kathy :-)