Old 26-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Sacha

Default The good, the bad (but no ugly)

On 22/7/04 22:23, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough.." wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 16/7/04 8:58 pm, in article
,
"Dave Poole" wrote:
snip

Well, P.alpestris isn't really that tender, although I have to admit
that I'm a bit pleased that it has coped with the high levels of
humidity and moisture that normally prevent me from growing such
plants. Its a Cracker!

And Ray has just told me that the one we saw in Tresco is P. alpestris, too!

One flowered here on Arran last summer, in Brodick Castle gardens.
IIRC, the plant was six years old and had been grown from Tresco seed;
it's exposed to sun (and wind) all day long against a south-facing wall
of the castle. The colour is so extraordinary it looks like an
artificial flower.

That's it. You've summed it up perfectly.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds after garden to email me)