Old 26-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Attacked by sticky willy!

"Zipadee Doodar" wrote in message
Pulling out some past their best Feverfew plants, when a long length of
sticky willy wrapped itself around my arm and hurt like hell. Had to call
wife to extricate me from it, and now my arm is in a heck of a mess. On
investigating, i have found this weed lurking all over my flower beds. Any
suggestions as to how to eradicate it?

It's a difficult job but old fashioned weeding is the only way, especially
before it seeds around. Trace it back to the roots.
If you have any cats or dogs the small round seeds will attach themselves to
their fur and sometimes take some getting out.
You're lucky, my Sue is allergic to the scratches from it and comes up in
big red marks where it's scratched her. She also has the same problem with
cucurbits which are even more scratchy. The marks also itch like mad she
tells me.

--
Regards
Bob