Old 26-07-2004, 03:03 PM

Default scorpions in Sheerness

On 26 Jul 2004 13:25:54 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/print...102285,00.html

| almost anything is possible nowadays. My wife saw a small lizard in
| our Dutch garden last week.

That isn't surprising at all. Lacerta vivipara is common a LONG
way north of the Netherlands

So are arctic foxes,but that doesn't mean that they are two a penny in
Zuid Holland.

- I think that I saw one at 800 metres
near Inverness last week, though I didn't know they lived that high
there. And, with you, it could have been other lizards as well.

My wife saw this one at one metre. It can't be that common in our
garden otherwise we would have noticed it before and almost certainly
one of the cats would have caught one by now.
--
Martin