Old 26-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default scorpions?

In article ,
Rodger Whitlock wrote:

Scorpions are quite common in the American Southwest (Utah,
Arizona, etc) where the general rule is the smaller the scorpion,
the more dangerous it is. Sure, the big ones pack quite a wallop,
but the little ones can kill you.

I have heard that, as with snakes, you should equate the maximally
lethal USA variety with a poisonous but not lethal African, Indian,
tropical Far Eastern or Australian one :-)

Don't have 'em here. Yet.

I doubt that you will. Notice that all of the colonies in the UK
live in buildings, which makes them dubiously 'wild'. What is the
term for something that naturalises itself only in human constructions?
It isn't wild, feral, domestic, parasitic, commensual, symbiotic or
any of the other terms I know ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.