Old 26-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Sacha

Default Buckingham Palace Garden

On 26/7/04 17:06, in article , "Kay"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
On 26/7/04 11:54, in article
,
"John Edgar" wrote:

snip

Yes it was very interesting. Don't you think there is a case to be
made for opening them to the public? They are after all our gardens -
not HMs.
John
In limine sapientiae

8000 people get invited 3 - or is it 4 - times a year, so perhaps she'll get
around to you soon. ;-)

Though if you're last on her list you may have to wait 2000 years ;-)

I doubt John will weep salt tears over that.

What is astonishing is how large they are, slap in the middle of London.

Well, that's not really astonishing, is it, since it's a royal property
and therefore immune from attempts to build on it?

You think a rash of bungalows or high rise would improve it? It's a Crown
property not one owned by the Monarch, BTW. If the Mo Mowlam idea had
caught on, it would now be council flats or Parliamentary offices with Pugin
wallpaper, I suppose.

I think it is astonishing because it is so quiet with just a faint hum from
the perimeter. Thank goodness there are such places left in London, whether
public or not.
--
Sacha