Old 26-07-2004, 10:04 PM
jane

Default scorpions?

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:49:44 GMT, lid
(Rodger Whitlock) wrote:

~On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:38:00 +0100, Ben Blackmore wrote:
~
~ On the subject of scorpions they are in the UK, and becoming more common,
~ there was something on the news a few weeks back about the change in the
~ weather and warmer climates meaning they are thriving in colonies in the
~ south east. They are not your usual 6" long black scorpion with deadly
~ poison, more 1cm with a sting like that of a bee!
~
~Scorpions are quite common in the American Southwest (Utah,
~Arizona, etc) where the general rule is the smaller the scorpion,
~the more dangerous it is. Sure, the big ones pack quite a wallop,
~but the little ones can kill you.
~
~Don't have 'em here. Yet.
~
I've only ever seen a real scorpion on a road trip round California I
made a decade ago. It looked like 5" of black shiny plastic and was
sitting on the shoulder of a surfer named Dennis. We thought it *was*
plastic until it wandered across his back.
It was his pet... and I didn't want to know where he put it when he
was surfing...

--
jane

Mark Twain