Old 26-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Sue Clotere

Default Tomatoes & soil ammendments

"TQ" wrote in message ...
"Sue Clotere" wrote in message
om...
| What can we add to our soil to sweeten our tomatoes? We worked in
| steer manure, chicken manure, and home made compost, at planting time.
| Since then we have added blood meal, and more compost. The tomato size
| is good and so is the flavor,but they lack the sweetnes that they had
| in the past. Would be thankful for suggestions. Sue

Toms don/t need super-rich soil. Is this your usual planting method?

Are you raising the same variety as you have in the past?

Has there been a lot of rain during the growing season?

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE
Yes this is our usual planting method. The same variety {Early Girl}.
No rain during growing season. San Rafael, Ca.