Old 26-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Go Fig

Default How to lower ph

In article , Hal
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 06:27:45 -0500, "Jim and Phyllis Hurley"
wrote:

GH 75
KH 300
ph 9
Nitrates 0

Looks to me that the ph needs to come down and that that may be contributing
to the problems of the WH.

How do we lower the ph effectively in a cement pond? It is in fact higher
than usual, generally, we have been in the 8 range.

pH Down - -
Muriatic acid (31% HCl) a doses of approximately 2 fluid ounces per
1000 gallons per day until the pH is about 8.5. I would not lower the
pH below 8.5 without also testing KH (alkalinity).

It will come down, but go right back up w/out acid.

At KH of 300 and knowing its a cement pond... this pH ain't going
anywhere unless its set up to a controller and a dosing pump.

You could also paint it with a 2 part epoxy paint.

Withstanding that, I leave it alone.

jay
Mon Jul 26, 2004

Acid directly
consumes KH. If KH is lowered below ~100 mg/l, pH will become
unstable, and the pH measurements become meaningless.

Regards, Hal
http://members.cox.net/hrclark1/Index.html