Old 27-07-2004, 03:20 AM
Lee

Default Lawn care causes crabgrass?

(Marley1372) wrote in message .
...snip...Grass plants are usually not affected by "weed and feed" or "lawn weed killer"
products. You can apply them all you want and they wont touch your crabgrass.
There is really not much you can do now other than keep up on your mowing and
make sure that the crabgrass dosent flower and set seed for next year.

Toad

Our lawn areas were grossly neglected by previous owners and we have
an astounding crop of crab grass as well as many other weeds. we have
used some roundup, but i am a bit hardheaded about using chemicals,
and our yard is fairly small, so have been pulling them by hand and
sprigging centipede in the bare spots. it is helping. but it will take
a while. got more time than money. maybe 5 or 10 years G barring
accidents G

I use dandelions for tea and in my herbal decoctions and would you
believe.. not enough of them in this neglected yard to hardly make a
tea! have to raid the neighbors yard to keep enough on hand!!! a shame
crab grass can't be used theraputically or in place of spinach! LOL!!

lee h