Old 27-07-2004, 03:22 AM
Doug Kanter

Default Deer driving me nuts

Some people swear that deer are repelled by hanging bunches of human hair
around the flower beds. Makes sense, if you consider how much money is spent
by hunters to buy products which suppress their scent while hunting. Anyway,
the hair is free - visit any haircutting salon. Bundle it in pieces of
pantyhose.

Here in NY, it is legal to kill any animal which destroys food crops. A
permit is sometimes required if it's an animal which falls under the hunting
season regulations. And obviously, local laws (and common sense) governing
the discharge of firearms must be observed. But, if you're in a location
where you can imagine a rifle or shotgun being safe to use, call your
state's environmental department and find out what your options are.

Venison is delicious. Got any juniper growing nearby? Or, marinate the meat
with good gin.

"John Bachman" wrote in message
First they got my blueberries, then they got my raspberries. Now they
are into the vegetable garden. I will not have to be concerned with
my tomato plants getting too tall, nor will I have too many peppers,
beans, butternut and cukes.

Any good remedies before the peaches and pears begin to ripen?

TIA

John