Old 27-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Barley Straw turned my pond water brown

Newbie Bill" wrote:

Then why do some people speak of 'crystal clear' water in their ponds? -
question not an arguement.

"Stephen M. Henning" wrote A well balanced pond is like a fine beer and
the same color.

Because their pond in not in equilibrium with nature. It is more like
the efluent of a sewage treatment plant. That water is also crystal
clear and you can drink it. I have no filters, I just let nature
naturally keep my water in balance. You wouldn't want to drink it but
you can see the bottom very easily. Since it is spring fed, it clouds
up after very heavy rains, but completely clears (ambers) up in 24 to 48
hours.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman