Old 27-07-2004, 05:04 AM
The Watcher

Default Bush intel?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:12:50 GMT, escapee wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 03:45:22 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:14:29 GMT, wrote:

if you take all the speeches he said and quoted out of context you could make him
sound like he was selling his mother into slavery if you wanted. it is called cut
and paste. it is made up. it is a lot of bushwa.

So when he's quoted one time saying the exact opposite of what he said the other
time it's made up? If that was true, it would be easy to deal with. The question
on his message forum doesn't seem to think it's quite that easy to deal with.
They seem to think there is some justification for the perception that he has
been Flip Flopping. Of course, they are his campaign people. What do they know?

If you are talking about voting for this war, you would be skating the issue.

That's only one of the many Flip Flops Kerry is quoted on.

Most who voted for this Iraq occupation and war did so under the guise of there
absolutely being an existence of WMD. Clearly, Collin Powell said to the UN
there absolutely were nuclear weapons, along with biological and chemical
weapons and they knew they had them. Facts are, they knew no such thing.

There are currently many in the position of having a say who have concurred
today that, they never would have voted for this occupation and war based on
this non-specific reason. There are no WMD. None.

You mean WMD's like the Chemical Weapon Sarin or the Chemical Weapon Mustard
Gas, which have been used in Iraq?

They'd have been used by
now.

Yes, they have. I know many people want to change the meaning of Weapons of Mass
Destruction to no longer include Chemical Weapons, but I'd prefer not to do
that. That would seem too much like lying to me, and since everybody claims they
want to stick with the truth, I think we should. Some Weapons of Mass
Destruction have already been found in Iraq, which indicates that there are
probably others there. Records from before the war indicated that Saddam Hussein
buried tons of chemical weapons. Burying them does not destroy them. It just
stores them for later retrieval.

Many of the members of Congress voted for the 87 million dollars who are now
saying they never would have approved that package if they knew then what they
know now.

20/20 hindsight is handy, but nobody has it available at the time decisions are
made. We all have to make decisions with the information that's available at the
time.
It ain't what you know that gets you. It's what you know that just ain't
so.-Josh Billings