Old 27-07-2004, 05:23 AM
Roy

Default Grass Help

On 25 Jul 2004 18:07:23 -0700, (JimmyBlue)
wrote:

===Looking for help with grass info. Just moved into a home in Hawaii
===with centipede grass. I think it is clay soil, reddish hard dirt in a
===sloping yard. I'm looking for an easier, better looking grass to
===replace to centipede. Area is hot and sunny in the daytime (70-80
===degrees) cool with some rain at night. Small lawn about 25' by 25' on
===two side of house. Any suggestions for improving grass and lawn area
===appreciated.

What don;t you find appealing about centepede grass. I have centepede
myself, and while it may go brown during dormancy its about as low a
mainatenance grass as you can find. I cut my back yard and filed about
once a week due to growth, but my front lawn I may cut 3 times a
growoing season as its all centepede. I sure wished I had centepede
all the way around my house.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.