Old 27-07-2004, 05:24 AM
Zemedelec

Default Coffee grounds--upon what?

If that seems creepy then wear gloves or use tools to
handle. The maggots are harmless to plants. BRBR

And helpful in the normally agonizing debridement of badly healing wounds.
That's right, folks--the old wives had some excellent remedies (if repellent to
modern tastes.) Maggots only eat DEAD flesh--so the doctors who keep up on
their medical reading are bringing them back, all laboratory bred and sterile,
of course, when a wound won't heal or shows signs of going gangrenous. And of
course you all have heard about the new/old use of leeches in microsurgery.
Nasty looking creatures, but I'd rather feed a few leeches than lose a severed
finger to the tiny blood vessels clotting up. The leeches' saliva keeps them
from doing that.

Oops. We were talking about gardening, weren't we?!
zemedelec