Old 27-07-2004, 05:36 AM
Robert Flory

Default key requirements for good plant growth

"Limnophile" wrote in message

"tropical freshwater plants" wrote in message
Thanks to all for the excellent responses - I have set the CO2 bottle in
place and is bubbling away - new stronger lights have been ordered.

I suppose my only remaining puzzle is why a company like Juwel (my tank

is
Juwel Rio 240) include carbon impregnated pads in their filter systems

if
they are detrimental to good plant growth and aquarium conditions

generally?

Carbon is good in a fish-only tank, as it removes a lot of toxic

substances
from the water. It's only a problem in tanks with plants or live corals.

Limnophile

Nay .... it isn't good even in a fish tank full time. It still removes all
sorts of traces fish need.

It just makes the tank clear and makes them money.

bob