Old 27-07-2004, 11:02 AM
madgardener

Default Dandelions with multiple heads

"how" wrote in message
. ..
"Volfie" wrote in message
Has anyone ever seen Dandelions with multiple heads on one stalk?

What the dandelions are doing is something that is called
"fascination".
snip

Hi,
Actually it is called fasciation or your spell checker is on automatic and
changed it ;-) I've only seen it happen in water lilies.
HTH -_-

my spelling yesterday wasn't the best. I don't have spell checker on
automatically. I usually hit F7 and highlight a word and then it asks me if
I want to check the rest of it. I forgot yesterday in answering the
question. I've seen this in quite a few plants over the years. The Gerbera
daisies from Lowes this last year and a half have been the newest ones to
draw my attentions. And my purple Loosestrife. Apparently cactus do it more
frequently than other plants.........
madgardener