Old 27-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Douglas

Default this morning in the garden

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..

It is rather wet out there, I was going to fight bindweed but I

have
changed my mind and am now going to tidy the greenhouse.
The sky is dull and the rain is falling but the garden looks

brilliant,
the colours are so vibrant, it is beautiful, makes all the hard

work
worth it :-)

Anybody else noticed colours do seem more intense this year?

Not sure about that in general, but in Glos and Kent it seems to me
that common mallow flowers seem _pinker_ than I'd have expected

(I've
just moved from West Wales). Is that possible? Or is it just another
of the short circuits my brain seems to be undergoing these days?

(If
the latter, it's a very nice one.)

Mike.

I really do think things are brighter, don't know why:-) have been

able
to take lots of brilliant photographs which is a bonus.
kate
sth.glos.

*********
Kate, M'dear!. My first large hut used to be a darkroom and my
speciality was framed 20 by 16inch sized prints for
the smaller newly-built manufacturers and albums for the teaching of
the working of the equipment.
I write to urge you to buy a unipod and use it often. You'll be
pleasantly surprised at the clearer definition.
Also a big help is a good hood in front of the camera lens, it cuts out
the
extraneous unwanted light which destroys clarity.
There is no charge for this brilliant instruction. but if you must
insist, please send the usual 10% donations to
c/o, The Matron,
Yarlside Happy Farm......

Sorry! - I can here Matron's footsteps coming down the corridor with my
red tablets.!.
Must go!.
Doug.
*********