Old 27-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Charles

Default Ever Helpfull Store People

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 05:23:22 -0400, "madgardener"
wrote:

ok, can you describe it to me? I have all kinds (man am I surprised Cereiod
hasn't jumped into this with both hob-nail boots on to stomp on yer remarks!
gbseg) If it was at the store, it would depend on the store you were at
and where you are located. I am still amazed at the selection of cacti and
succulents available at Wally world.......20 years ago it was much more
difficult to find unusual specimens of them.

Give me a description and I'll do my best in identifying it for you.
madgardener whose many assorted pots of cacti and succulents are happy out
in the summer climate on the deck and various spots where they wound up this
year.

I doubt that I could give a useful description. I'll look through
some books to see if I can find some analogs, something that it sort
of looked like. I didn't look at it very closely, being that someone
else had already claimed it.

This was at a Lowes, an alternative Home Depot, and the plant may or
may not be appropriate for our conditions in So. Cal.

This thing was growing in a hanging basket and was somewhat trailing
over the edges, it looked like it would trail more as it grew. some
succulence in the stems, maybe slight;y thickened leaves. I got a
vague impression of Wandering Jew, but don't read too much into that.
Leaf color was light green, sore of "Supermarket lettuce Green," if
that means anything. What was notable was the flowers, there were
many. Consider a clematis flower, the central part made of ray petals
about 3/4 inch in diameter, bright red, the surrounding sepals bring
yellow, and extending about 3/8 inch beyond the red parts..

This is a very lame description, but I didn't take a good look at the
plant, I wouldn't expect anyone to recognize it unless they were
growing one themselves.

I'm not sure I would want one for myself, I tend to kill things in
hanging baskets.
--

- Charles
-