Old 27-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Vox Humana

Default Home Depot politics

"Zemedelec" wrote in message
Maybe this is much too off topic, but a friend of mine who is much more of

political animal than I am told me HD is heavily supported by rich

Republicans
such as Arthur Blank, the
president of Home Depot, who hosted a dinner
in Atlanta that gave Bush $2.5 million. So any of you whose whole lives,
including gardening, are permeated with their political convictions might

want
to go to Loew's, etc. if you need to buy at a big chain store.
zemedelec

I wouldn't doubt this. I saw an interview with him a few days ago. The guy
came from the division of GE that made (bad) appliances and other hard
goods. He didn't know a nut from a bolt. I wanted to throw a brick through
the TV because everything that came out of his mouth sounded like the
hypnotic jargon that you would hear from a sales seminar. I guess he never
visits the stores, otherwise he might see that all the feel-good "team
building" bull shit and new computer systems he promotes are worthless
because the stores look like a tornado hit them and the employees know less
about the products than he does. I seldom go to HD because I can get the
same thing for a little less in a better organized and maintained Lowe's
store across the street. I don't want to leave people with the impression
that Lowe's doesn't have their own set of problems. They treated my mother
very badly when she had them remodel her kitchen, but that is another story.

For people interested in tracking contributions to political campaigns, you
might want to look at this site: http://www.fundrace.org/neighbors.php
You can enter a street or a zip code and see the contributions of the people
around you. You can also enter names. If you click on the name, it will
show the contributions of everyone with that name. If you click on the
address, it will show people in that area. There is interesting mapping
system that shows how red, blue, or purple an are is.