Old 27-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Bill R

Default HELP - Slugs in rose bushes - Any remedies ?

'Ole Curmudgeon wrote:
Bill R wrote:

'Ole Curmudgeon wrote:

HELP - Slugs in rose bushes - Any remedies ?

I have found that if you use a systemic Rose care product (Bayer and
Ortho are two brands that I know of) you won't have slug problems.

I would hand pick them off the plants and check the base of the
plant. They like to hide in the mulch that many of us put around our
Roses. There are also some products that you can use to attract (and
kill) the slugs. If you want to use a non chemical product use stale
beer (open a can and let it sit all day). Put it in shallow cups
around your plants and the slugs will craw in and drown.

This page of my web site, http://members.iglou.com/brosen/page6.htm
has some pictures of my Roses and there are others on my web site.

Thanx for tips....."Nice garden !"

You are welcome. Good luck with your Roses.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden flowers visit