Old 27-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Kenneth

Default Potato troubles...?

Howdy,

I am (brand) new to planting potatoes and decided to put in two
varieties: Yukon Golds and Russets.

They have grown beautifully since planting, but now, all at once, I am
having real trouble.

On virtually every plant, (they are about 18" tall by the way) nearly
all the leaves have become very curly and shriveled. The plants look
like the are soon to die off.

I can see no insect infestations, and the soil is well drained and
receives what I would assume to be an appropriate amount of water. The
soil is well balanced in terms of the three primary nutrients.

I know that this is a limited description, but would certainly welcome
thoughts from the more experienced potato gardeners out there.

Sincere thanks,

--
Kenneth