Old 27-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Vox Humana

Default Home Depot politics

"Warren" wrote in message
news:LmvNc.179926$JR4.41837@attbi_s54...
Zemedelec wrote:
Maybe this is much too off topic, but a friend of mine who is much

more of a
political animal than I am told me HD is heavily supported by rich

Republicans
such as Arthur Blank, the
president of Home Depot, who hosted a dinner
in Atlanta that gave Bush $2.5 million. So any of you whose whole

lives,
including gardening, are permeated with their political convictions

might want
to go to Loew's, etc. if you need to buy at a big chain store.
zemedelec

Based on third-hand information, we should boycott one store, but not
the other? Are you saying the officers of Lowe's don't contribute to
Republicans? Are you saying Lowe's officers contribute to Democrats? Do
you have any real information, or are we going to go nuts based on a
rumor?

Here is a link to Lowe's officers and directors:
http://tinyurl.com/4655s

Here is a link to HD's officers and directors:
http://tinyurl.com/6t9fl

Here is a link to search for political contributions:
http://www.fundrace.org/neighbors.php

No need to base decisions of rumor.