Old 27-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Water Feature

Kay wrote in message ...
In article , Kevin
writes
Hi

Away to do a bit of a tidy up in the front garden. Going to be putting in a
small water feature.

Have decided on one with a couple of otters on it.

Question is, do I pay £75 for one made of what appears to be plastic, or pay
~£300 for a concrete one???

Anyone got any first hand experience of whether the plastic ones stand up to
the test of time?

The other thing to take account of is theft - how firmly will it be
attached to the rest of the garden? bearing in mind thieves are quite
capable of stripping York stone from walls and terraces, and digging up
newly planted plants, you might consider how much money you want to
leave lying around your front garden ;-)

Call me a hopelessly out-of-touch optimist if you like, but I'd have
thought a concrete garden pond must be moderately thief-proof.

Mike.