Old 28-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Plant ID

"Phil L" wrote after Steve wrote
:: We have an unknown plant growing in our garden, can anyone help
:: identify it.
::
:: www.starchimes.co.uk
::
:: thanks

As said earlier, it certainly looks like a thorn apple...a bit of a
coincidence as I was browsing through pages yesterday looking for toxic
plants, when I stumbled upon this very plant!

Every part of it is highly toxic and can potentially cause severe illness
and even death.

http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_thornapple.htm

Found one growing on a path on our Allotment site, flowers are so datura
like you can't miss it, avoided cutting it when I mowed ( DIY!) but a bloody
Council tractor has driven over it since, it's still alive, just.

--
Regards
Bob