Old 28-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Phil L

Default Plant ID

Bob Hobden wrote:
:: "Phil L" wrote after Steve wrote
::::: We have an unknown plant growing in our garden, can anyone help
::::: identify it.
:::::
::::: www.starchimes.co.uk
:::::
::::: thanks
:::
::: As said earlier, it certainly looks like a thorn apple...a bit of
::: a coincidence as I was browsing through pages yesterday looking
::: for toxic plants, when I stumbled upon this very plant!
:::
::: Every part of it is highly toxic and can potentially cause severe
::: illness and even death.
:::
::: http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_thornapple.htm
:::
::
:: Found one growing on a path on our Allotment site, flowers are so
:: datura like you can't miss it, avoided cutting it when I mowed (
:: DIY!) but a bloody Council tractor has driven over it since, it's
:: still alive, just.
::
I don't think I've ever seen one around here, although I've not been
looking - I am interested in medicinal plants, but not to the extent of
actually taking them myself, but I'm tempted to make a poultice of 'sticky
willy' for the excema on my shin -it usually flares up about this time of
year and few, if any, prescribed medications seem to have any effect on it
when it does.