Old 28-07-2004, 01:02 AM
escapee

Default Home Depot politics

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:12:57 -0400, Bill R opined:

Even though it is true that nobody moderates this newsgroup
all posters should stick to the topic of this newsgroup -
GARDENS. If everyone starts posting ANYTHING they wish,
soon there will be little or no discussion of gardens. Is
that what you want? I have seen dozens of newsgroups
destroyed because off topic posters took over the newsgroup.
If we are not careful that could happen to rec.gardens

In the eleven years I've posted to rec.gardens, that has never once happened.
Newsgroups which were weak to begin with are more vulnerable. This newsgroup
has many dedicated "regulars" who have been here for many years.

We have had off topic posts here since the beginning. This is the time in
America where people are discussing the election, so I say it is perfectly okay
to do that in an American newsgroup.

There are some here not in the U.S., but they are not that many.