Old 28-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Vox Humana

Default Home Depot politics

"Sue" wrote in message
Thanks for that bit, Z. Here in Maine we are about to experience Lowes

in
competition with HD.
2 Lowes stores, one in Brunswick and one in Auburn.

The Auburn Store will be in quadrangle with HD, Super Wal-Mart, and BJ's
Wholesale Club. Another Big Box property on the same "strip" is yet to

be
disclosed, was the former Wal-mart.

Simply put, I'm looking for the best deal on an Echo 210 Staight Shaft
Trimmer and the brush blade that goes with. HD has the lowest price in
Maine at the moment and I'm holding out at this point for end of season
sales.

If I were purely politically oriented, I'd not buy from HD. But when MY
budget is tested on a product or a project, I'll shop for best price (
period).

choice is wonderful.

Be sure you are comparing apples to apples. Sometimes HD has products
produced to cheaper specifications that are sold only in its stores. The
Echo trimmer that you want may or may NOT be exactly the same at Lowe's,
Wal-Mart, and Home Depot.