Old 28-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Some Guy

Default Lawn fertilizer hurting tomato plants?

I sprayed my lawn (hose-end sprayer) with a liquid lawn fertilizer
(20-3-4) and some over-spray probably got on a few potted tomato
plants. The area was heavily watered the day before.

The next day I noticed the tomato plants looked somewhat shriveled
without actually being wilted or droopy.

The fertilizer contained no herbicide or weed killer. Just 20%
nitrogen, 3% Phosphorus (Phosphoric acid) and 4% soluble potash.
Would something like this be harmful to tomato plants?