Old 28-07-2004, 02:03 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Humidifiers/foggers for the Greenhouse

Humidity I'd gladly send to Wendy, but heat? I'm not sure if we're having a
summer here this year...

Mariana
In a very wet NYC with temps in the 60's

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
link.net...
Wendy,

Don't the plants stay too wet with misters?

I've been to California twice in the past month. You guys have the best
weather out there. Can I send you some heat and humidity from the east
coast?

Gene

"wendy7" wrote in message
Hi Gene,
I use misters here in dry old S.Calif., they work with the

thermostat
&
have them on
a timer. The only drawback is that they waste a lot of precious water.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Gene Schurg wrote:
I hate the humidifier that I purchased with my greenhouse. It's one
of the Trion Humidifiers. I have it plumbed into the water system
and on a humistat.

The problems are that it's noisy (ok the orchids aren't complaining)
but I find it annoying. The bigger problem is that the plants get a
white film on them from the junk in the water.

I like the JayBird fogger that they used to advertize in the gardening
magazines. It appears that they have replaced the fogger with a fan
device that fogs.

What do you guys and gals use in your greenhouses? I have a couple of
months to decide but soon the dry winter winds will be upon us.

Thanks,
Gene