Old 28-07-2004, 02:04 AM
Geodyne

Default How are the vegies, everyone?

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:48:06 +1000, "MC" surftravelATyahooDOTcom
wrote:

G'day Jim,

That sounds like a great idea as a possum deterent!

I asked a bloke I met the other day what he does about the possums and he
replied, "It's called ratsak".

Hmmm ... I wasn't very impressed with that response (however tempting it
might be). As much as I want a beautiful, lush and productive garden, I just
don't value my plants that highly over the lives of a bunch of native
animals!

A neighbour tried ratsack out of desperation once, many years
ago...he put a few pieces out, hoping to make the possums sick but not
dead.

They ate the bait and then asked for dessert. It didn't even give them
pause.

Geodyne