Old 28-07-2004, 03:02 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Ant infested orchids

Thanks Claude. Ray has good suggestions, but they don't really apply in my
case. My orchids are not grown in a greenhouse but outdoors right now. So
I don't believe that the boric/wax mix will work, unless I can place pieces
of it directly on the media? what about the orchids that are mounted? Also,
I don't have access to cow dung or grits .

Thank you for researching,
Mariana

"Claude" wrote in message
Hello!

Ray has some home made recipe on his site!

Click on: http://www.firstrays.com/remedies.htm

There are a few ant repellant!

Claude

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
. net...
| Many of my orchids are enjoying the outdoors this summer. As a result,
many
| got infested by ants, many of the Catts and the Catts hybrids, those

that
| are in pots as well as those that are mounted. I see ants congragating

on
| new growths (probably enjoying the sap). Now I think that there is
nothing
| to worry about (for now), but I heard somewhere that ants generally
attract
| scales and other unwanted kaka. Also, in about 2 months I'm going to
start
| thinking of bringing them in, and obviously I'm concerned about the

ants.
| have over 200 pots and mounts that will probably need to be treated
somehow.
| Can anyone recommend what I need to do in order to rid the plants of

these