Old 28-07-2004, 05:14 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Help...!!!

writes:
I put up a squirrel feeder filled with corn mixed 50/50 with sunflower
seeds
in plain view if what I was trying to keep them out of (the bird feeder).
It worked as long as the squirrel feeder contained goodies. When it got
empty, they were at the bird feeder. Might work around your gardens also.

Dwayne

Ironically, there was no squirrel and bird feeder problem in my yard
*until* I feed the rotten things. I left corn cobs out for them and they
started destroying the feeders while leaving much of the corn untouched.

My main feeder is now an open feeder, gazebo style, mounted on a 4-inch
6-foot high PVC sewer pipe, fastened with a toilet flange. Because the
flange fits over the pipe and is screwed to the bottom of the feeder, it
lifts off easily for cleaning while being secure in the stiffest winds.
The squirrels cannot climb up the PVC! Of course, you don't want anything
near it they can jump from onto it.

Glenna