Old 28-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Benign Vanilla

Default Trees and ponds

" George" wrote in message
snip
The leading edge of my pond is located at the edge of the canopy of a

large pin
oak. I made sure to clip any roots along the excavation wall, and used a

thick
tarp to line the wall before installing the pond liner, to make sure that

it
didn't get punchered by any roots I missed. The pond has been inground

for two
years now with no problems, and the pin oak provides plenty of shade for

at more
than half of the day. The only problem is with leaves in the fall. But

at that
time, I use a net over the pond to keep the leaves out.

Shareholders pond has the same proximity. When we dug, we didn't find one
root from that tree.

BV.