Old 28-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Nedra

Default Pond is looking good but!

Hi Rck, Welcome from another Missourian!

I would go ahead and buy the Koi Clay... online at
www.koiclay.com ... this stuff is wonderful - I would not be comfortable
in using kitty litter. That's just me, though. I would never be able to
tell the
difference in plain ole kittie litter and the other kind. Would end up with
a Big mess in
my pond.

Nedra

"Rick" wrote in message
link.net...
Thanx! how much kitty litter should I use for a 1200 - 1400 gal. pond.

Is
that stuff around the plant stems also string algae ?

"Pinkpggy" wrote in message
Rick, You have the dreaded "string alage". The easiest way to pick it

off
the
rocks is with a toilet brush. I had my hubby attach a toilet brush to a
handle. Lay the brush flat on the "stuff" and twirl the brush and it

will
come
right up. There is a something called String Alage Buster but I have

never
used it, and others on this board have also used kitty litter. Good

luck!!
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html