Old 28-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Amy Lou

Default How are the vegies, everyone?

"MC" surftravelATyahooDOTcom wrote in message
HELP! The possums have already discovered my patch and chewed / pulled a

few
seedlings apart!!!

I have heard that some old loose/unstable fencing (about a meter high)
around the garden should deter them from the greenery within?!

Anyone had any succes with this or got any better ideas, as the fencing
really takes away from the beauty of the garden!

I use a possum trap. It cost around $100 new. All you do is put a half an
apple inside, set the trap and bingo next morning you have your culprit.
Then you take it for a little drive and drop it off somewhere. Of course in
a week or two another possum will find your patch of greenery and the cycle
continues. Works with cats too.

Amy