Old 28-07-2004, 03:02 PM
paghat

Default Bush intel?

In article , "Lady Blacksword"
wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , (The
Watcher) wrote:

snip
From which we learn, at least, that not all evils in this
world are inspired by religious fanatics, even atheists can suck bigtime.

Remember tho, thoses who believe that they believe nothing are the most
dangerous, as they have nothing but themselves to live up to, and nothing
but their own morals to uphold. And if you assume that there's nothing
waiting at the end, what's the use in caring about now? You'll be gone,
totally, Right? So what's it matter if you **** up the world...........
Murri

Certain the Beijing government would fit that mode, but I suspect
individually, as opposed to a "system" like the Chinese brand of communism
(itself a religion in its own way, with Mao its deity), the reason the
majority of wars are inspired by religion is because of a belief that THIS
world doesn't matter. In deism, or pantheism, or atheism, THIS is the
world that exists, there is no better place, & that MIGHT inspire greater
levels of preservation. Though what's even more likely is we're
biologically harmful to the environment & faith or unfaith ultimately has
less to do with it than our termite-like need to use up all resources then
kill each other for others' resources, & we'd have an excuse to keep
doing' it with or without the god excuse.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"