Old 28-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Vox Humana

Default What to Plant in Fall?

"Laura J" wrote in message
news:3WNNc.3263$T76.2437@trndny09...
That looks like a great site! I see they have a whole section devoted to
"Fall Bulbs." If I plant those now (I'm in Zone 6a), will they come up
this fall?

Bluestone Perennials is a good operation. I have visited their Madison,
Ohio facility, and they are truly nice people who sell small, healthy
plants. I don't know about their bulbs. I assume that they are just
resellers like everyone else who buys bulbs from Holland and resells them.
You might look at John Scheepers http://www.johnscheepers.com/ for bulbs.
But to answer your question. Yes, if you plant spring flowering bulbs this
fall, they will bloom next year. Here in zone 6, many people plant bulbs
after removing their summer annuals. Then, they put in pansies over them.
The pansy's will give color throughout the fall and again in the spring
before the bulbs bloom.