Old 28-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Rusty Mase

Default Crushed stone path and patio construction

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:29:58 GMT, "jojo"
wrote:

Once I cut away the st. Augustine, how deep should the crushed granite be?
Do I need to rent a compactor and compact it?

I would just level the surface and lay a root barrier fabric beneath
the granite. I bought a roll of gray fabric from the rock place on
Hwy 1325 and it has lasted a while now and seems to work well.

As far as depth 2" is likely as deep as you would want and you might
get away with just 1" if the area is fairly flat.

Also, you want the granite to drain and compacting the underlying soil
might preclude that.

Rusty Mase

Rusty Mase
Paisano Industries LLP