Old 28-07-2004, 08:12 PM
jojo

Default Garden paths

True....where are you Hans??

"escapee" wrote in message
Yes, but we are at a great advantage, it's mined right here in central

Texas, so
we have excellent access to it, at a very reasonable price. Not everyone

has
that opportunity. In New Mexico, crushed lava or lava sand is a local

resource
of material good for paths, but it is a much deeper color of near

red/burgundy.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:06:43 GMT, "jojo"

opined:

How funny that you and I are sitting here thinking the same thing!
jojo

"escapee" wrote in message
.. .
I don't know where you are, but in this part of central Texas people

used
decomposed granite, with a few inches of crushed granite on top of

that.

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:04:56 -0400, Hans L

opined:

I have started to plan my garden by laying out paths (raking off grass

and
moss). I now want to "permanent" the paths by laying down material

that
is
like paver base (very finely ground stone material). I planned to

actually
use paver base (gray) and add tint to get, for instance, a rust color.
However, I think this would be a *lot* of work, so my question is,

what
other finely ground *colored* stone material are there that could be

used?

Thanks -- Hans L

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a

friend?