Old 28-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Karen

Default What to Plant in Fall?

"Jenny" wrote in message ...
This is my first year planting perennials. I'd greatly appreciate some tips
about what I should consider planting this fall.

In particular I need to find out what stuff, besides tulips and daffodils ,
has to be planted in the fall in order to bloom the next year. Bulbs?
seeds? potted nursery plants? All suggestions welcome!

I'm in the colder part of Zone 5 on a partly shaded hill near the MA/VT/NH
border.

-- Jenny

Go away. I'm still waiting for summer to come. Don't scare me with the
world "fall".

As other said, you can plan virtually any perennials, shrubs and trees
in fall. You can visit your local nursery or HD to find out what they
have in fall. You can only plant what they sell unless you spend more
to get from other sources.

Peony will do well in shade. Hosta is very easy to grow and multiply.
Garden phlox can grow in partial shade.