Old 22-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Sue Walsh

Default "attaching" plants to side of pond

EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote in message ...
Sue wrote
We didn't bring in any tadpoles the frogs found us and we wonder where

they came from because we have no lakes or ponds for miles around
us!?!

Not all frogs hang around water 24/7.
Leopard frogs like meadows and fields too. They do find water a great place to
hunt bugs. They usually travel when it rains. There is some old German proverb
about raindrops turning into frogs as spring rains always seem to followed by
magically appearing frogs.

kathy :-)
algae primer

Interesting point so I guess they just hiked in!

I can see it all, groups of leopard frogs coming down the road with
their little hobo packs tied to a stick on their shoulders, sorry I
missed the parade.

Seriously though, we did notice the leopard frogs climb out of the
pond and go off into the garden area in the late afternoons. I guess
early evenings are a good bug hunting time. I guess after that they
come back to the pond for some 'submarine watching' time, as we hear a
lot of "frog music" during the later part of the night. We've also
had them sitting on the Colorado Rock in the middle of the day jumping
and catching dragon flies, maybe that's a way to show off for the
girls?

However they got here I'm glad to have them around. We had a problem
at the beginning with them getting into the Savio Skimmer and being
chewed up by the pump, but my husband put hardware cloth over the
opening and stuffed a towel into the handle so they can't get in there
anymore.

you can see my Ripplin Waters Pond at...

htpp://community.webshots.com/user/aspenjd

Sue W
Brooksville, FL