Old 28-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Vox Humana

Default Home Depot politics

"Wishy13764" wrote in message
I suppose 'same sex' marriage is the cause of over 50% divorce rate?

Needn't
worry about same sex marriage, those 'legally married' are doing a better

job
of tainting the meaning of 'marriage'.

Agreed. I think that marriage is an institution that has changed with time
and will continue to change. The religious right will tell you that for
5000 years, marriage has been between one man and one woman. However, the
Bible details how people like David had many wives and even more concubines.
Marriage wasn't even adopted as a sacrament of the Catholic Church until the
Council of Trent in 1563. That makes it a rather new institution. The
ultimate challenge to the stability of marriage is easy divorce, but no one
proposes to prohibit divorce in the Constitution.