Old 22-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default Ultra Modern Daylilies

It was naming rights and a charitable contribution.
Cheryl

On 7/22/04 12:56 PM, in article , "Doug
Kanter" wrote:

That has got to be the stupidest $6000 investment I've ever heard of. I know
some chumps who still think they're going to retire on the massive fortunes
they'll make when they sell their Beanie Baby collections, but even that
doesn't come close.

"Andrew Ostrander" wrote in message
From a local magazine, Manitoba Gardener, Summer 2004, p. 28:

...a new introduction by daylily hybridizer Ted Petit - recently sold for
whopping $6,000 at a Canadian Hemerocallis Society auction in Niagara

Falls
to Dr. Larry Gooden and his wife Pat Keisel. Obviously thrilled with the
plant, the couple promptly named it "Larry's Obsession".

The photo show a beautiful flower, purple with white ruffled edge.

Andrew

"Cat" wrote in message
In article ,
Frogleg wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 02:39:26 GMT, (Cat)
wrote:

Leaving aside the question of whether advertising in this group is a
good thing, I have to say that these daylilies look... well - rather

like
dustcovers ;

?? The flowers don't look like book jackets to me at all. Did you
mean dustmop? :-)

Heh ; No - I'm thinking of the wretchedly ruffled victorian

mostrosities
that they used to put on -everything- to "keep the dust off" ;

With some 50,000 hemerocallis cultivars, there's bound to be
considerable straying from the original(?) orange ditch-lily. I
thought they were rather interesting. Not $200 interesting, but if
someone planted one in my yard, I wouldn't dig it up. :-)

Heh. If I'm going to spend $200, I think I'd buy peonies ;

http://www.pivoinescapano.com/

cheers!

"A cat spends her life conflicted between a deep, passionate and

profound
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."